Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Tylers first Christmas!


While my family heads off to Tamworth for christmas this year we decided to stay in Canberra and celebrate it with the Broughton side, so last weekend was Tylers first road trip out to meet mum and dad and have some premeture christmas celebrations on the farm at Peak Hill.
Our whole family turned up on the Saturday night and we had a great dinner, much like Christmas day we all ate way to much! Pictured above is my side of the family.
Sunday was the trip back to the capital and Monday was a real reality check for me. Because I started walking again and I'm not allowed to train with the blood clots I figured I may as well be doing some work, so well before the sun rose I made my way in there and knocked out my first day of work since early November. After being laid up on the couch not being able to do anything it was great to be mobile and have something else to focus on for a few days.
The injury is coming along really well and I am expecting to get back into some light training over the next few weeks. I am able to walk without crutches now and without pain but will have to keep the brace on for the next week. From there I will keep on with the physiotherapy and blood thinners and ease into some training.
Next race is looking like it might be late March or April depending on the recovery process.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment