Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Win in Schluchsee to finish LBS cup series.

Saturday turned out to be a very successful day for me and our team in Schluchsee.
I won the event and as a team we had the first four guys over the line so we also won the teams event. I won the overall series pointscore, Baden-Wurttemberg championship (state championship) and our team won the teams catagory in the series. So basically we couldn't have gone much better than we did.
Again the race was pretty cool, luckily we were the last wave to start, the weather had cleared a little and the roads were dry making it alot safer on the sharp corners and fast decents.
I got off to a great start in the swim which was made really hard by some very choppy water and led the swim to the first turning can at about the 700m mark, from there a group of 3 caught me and we remained close for the rest of the swim with about a minute lead on the rest of the field. The bike was where I was able to put most of my time into the field as it was non-drafting, I went into the second transition with close to a 4 minute lead and about 7 min to my main rival for the series standings who managed to run his way up to second with the fastest run of the day.
Next stop is Regensberg this weekend for my final race in Europe and my first Ironman event.
I'm not so sure about how this one is going to go but it will be a good experiance and I'm looking forward to it.
The results from the weekend can be found at  LBS Cup Schluchsee 

 

Aaron.

No comments:

Post a Comment