Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hawaii wrap!

Great race in Hawaii on the weekend from Aussie Chris McCormack saw him win the race once again and another Aussie Mirinda Carfrae winning the womens race for the first time
For most triathletes Hawaii is the holy grail of triathlon and "Macca" proved once again why he is regarded as one of the best athletes in the world.
Pete Jacobs who I have to race against next month at the Nepean Triathlon seemed to have a bit of bad luck on the bike and got stuck with a time penalty before tearing through the run leg, having the fastest run of the day and finishing in 9th place so that should make for an interesting race once again when I come up against him.
For me the Australian season is about to get underway and it looks like this year most of my focus is going to be towards long course- non drafting races, possibly finishing with Hawaii next year.
WTC the corperation that runs Ironman Triathlon have changed the qualifying process for next year to get into Hawaii for professionals so that all athletes will be compared on a table and accumulate points for every 70.3 and Ironman event they compete in then finally the top 50 ranked athletes will qualify, meaning that if I want to qualify I will have to do alot more long course racing.
At the moment I am in the middle of a big training base leading into these events and starting to feel really good so I am quite excited about the upcoming season and the new challenges it is going to throw at me.

Aaron.

No comments:

Post a Comment