Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Going Dizzy

After a short recovery at the start of last week it was back into training and some long km leading into my last couple of races in Europe.
On the weekend we travelled to Austria for a training ride which turned out to be an epic adventure. 180 of the hardest possible km you could dream of! We climbed 4400m in total for the day over three huge ascents each about 11km long and a constant 13% gradient.
I've always wanted to be able to touch the snow on the side of the road on a ride and finally I was able to. We climbed to one of the highest points in Austria on a perfect day and finished at the base of some massive snow fields at 2080m altitute.
I've got two more non drafting races here before I head home on the 3rd of August so lots more days like that to come!
Aaron.

No comments:

Post a Comment